Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 13


So today in my bible study/quit time we were talking about the women in Mark 5, the one who had the issue of blood for 12 years. i cant even imagine! well when it came down to it, it really got me thinking the writer of the study was talking about how she(the women with the illness) talked to herself, how if she could just touch the hem of Jesus' garment she knew she would be held. it wasnt that she talked to herself that is exciting although lets face it we all talk to ourselves. it wasnt what she said to herself that caused her healing it was the fact that she talked herself into action. how many times does God tell us what action to take, what the plan is and we in our own minds somehow talk ourselves out of it, we let our deamens and false assumptions talk us out of it. i do it all the time, i have a problem with my self worth and i have many insecurities and i often let them speak to me over God and i allow them to talk me out of whatever Gods told me to do. i often find myself saying i need to pray about things Gods told me to do; who in the world do i think im going to pray to?!?! well no more! i want to use my thought closet to encouage myself and others to seek after God with all of our hearts and to have the kind of faith of this women, she only needed to touch His garment and scripture says she was instantly healed, God hasnt changed so why should i have any less faith in Him today than she had in Him then?

No comments:

Post a Comment