Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day One.

So after a great quite time last night and a long time with a friend I started to realize that if I want to ever get off this rock and start moving on my path towards God will maybe I need to give up some of the things that make it easy to stay in the same place. We all have certain vices that we use and hold on to, there usually the people or things that keep us sain however they must be given up atleast for sometime in order to prove your true devotion to God. I'm not saying all these vices are bad or that they must be given up forever however wheb they come in front of God is when they get dangerous. So I have started a fast from all my vices and even though they are hard to give up I don't care about any of them in the way I love God. So I'm going to try and blog as my fast contines. I've also started a new bible study called me,myself and lies. Its only day one and its already amazing and I've already found ways I use my thought closet in a negitive way. I have been praying for this fast pretty much all day and praying that it would all go smoothly and be taken well and when God answered my prayers and it was taken wonderfully my mind immideatly went to thinking it was because they didn't care. Ugh! What kind of screwed up thought closet is that! I'm sick of it! And I refuse to let myself beileve lies like these anymore. My favorite quote from this bible study is "Who I am and what I struggle with are not the same thing." It made me want to get up and dance! Gods definatly already showing me things and its only day one I'm so excited to see what else He has in store. I'm pretty sure He's given me a timeline on it already but I don't want to talk about it or figure out the date, I don't want it to seem like I'm counting down, because I'd fast for as long as needed as long as it meant drawing closer to God. Gods got be in the wilderness for a reason all I can do is learn todance under the moon light until He's ready to let me move on. I just pray everyone around me would find the same peace. I find that usually when I start something like this is when it seems like everyone needs me the most but all I can do is pray for them now because I can't be any good to anyone if I'm not where I need to be with God. So until God gives me a peace about ending this fast I'm going to enjoy my one on one time with God and remember Who really should be number one in my life. As well as explore the passions Gods given me and keep myself busy with things of God and see if I can find where He's leading me

No comments:

Post a Comment